We are so happy to show the final shots of this Mt. Pleasant first time homeowner’s master bedroom of her dreams.
Here is what we did to get the final look:
1. We added bling to the bed. The gorgeous Pyar & Co. pillows (one of our favorite pillow sources) give the bed some much needed oomph!
2. Art over the bed. We considered adding a large abstract, but quickly realized we needed to take the scale down a bit! The 28″x 28″ Coral Study adds a lot of punch, without weighing down the wall. The Moroccan mirrors are very heavy, so we needed to gradually lighten up. That’s why the framed shells in linen shadowbox help transition to the new coral piece nicely. There’s a gradual change of depth to the wall, and it really tames the large scale of the bed.
3. Added a throw. EVERY bed needs a lightweight, but tailored throw. One more layer for chilly nights, but keeps the whole look tidy. This one is in a grey wool herringbone.
4. Silver and gold canisters. How many things collect at your bedside table? These calm the chaos.
5. Mirrored silver leaf tables. She can curl up on her sofa with a glass of wine, and have a place to set it! Perfect.
Of special note:
We really like to give clients EXACTLY what they want. But sometimes what they want needs a bit of designer input. Look back at the coral color palette this client showed us. Although there ARE shades of the client’s preferred lighter color in the art, we used the darker color as an accent in the pillow. The lighter color simply washed out, and made the room more childlike. We achieved the sophistication she wanted by using a deeper version of her favorite shade!
It was a treat to work with this first time homeowner on her dream. Such a fun project!
Until next time,