We replaced the existing knobs with Maitland Smith “Symphony” knobs in Silver. This was a simple 5 minute switch out. Chest + Hardware = AFI Original!
Tips on selecting new hardware:
- Count the number of drawer pulls and/or knobs you need to replace.
- Measure the distance between the attachment points on drawer pulls. This is the Center to Center (CC) dimension. Pay close attention, some furniture may need 2 or more sizes.
If you can’t find the style that you are looking for in the correct size, you will need to drill new holes and fill the old ones.
- You may want to remove the old hardware before purchasing anything new. In some cases, the finish underneath the old knob or pull might be a different color. In this case, selecting a style with a backplate may save you from having to refinish the surface.
- Take pictures! A photograph of the existing knobs in place may be helpful while you shop. Go ahead and take a picture of the room too for color reference.
- When you are selecting a knob, keep in mind the way that it will be used. For instance, you wouldn’t want to have cage knobs in a kitchen if you have small children. Imagine having to clean peanut butter out of your beautiful new knobs! 😉
Until next time,